Re: using X-Forwarded-For header in access controls

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 20:36:58 +1100

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 00:58, Alan Barrett wrote:

> Is this of interest to anybody?

Yes, just moved house, which is why the awesome latency on my reply.

> If so, where do I send the patches?

Here will do, but even better would be to create a development branch on
devel.squid-cache.org. See that website for what you need to do
(briefly, join sourceforge, give us the ID number, download and use some
CVS scripts).

> I also have a question about ACLs. If I create an ACL using
> http->acl_checklist = clientAclChecklistCreate(...), and then follow it
> using aclNBCheck(...), what is the proper way of cleaning up? I see
> some existing code simply does http->acl_checklist = NULL, while other
> existing code uses aclChecklistFree().

It depends on the outcome, or you may have found a memory leak :}. I'd
need to look in the code to give an authoritative answer. Put it this
way, if you are leaking, it will show *very quickly* in cachemgr.

Rob