Re: [Fwd: [SLUG] squid proxy setup]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 16:12:25 +0100

ons 2002-11-20 klockan 13.49 skrev Francesco Chemolli:

> Believe me, the .pac syntax is NOT that much limited.

Agreed, but most peoples uses of the pac syntax is limited unless they
venture down the road of load balancing via pac scripts..

But even if you manage to figure out the pac ruleset in a structured
manner (PAC source code is not structured) transforming this into
squid.conf rules is not trivial due to fundamentally different syntax.

What is truly needed I would say is a more sane model for peer selection
in Squid. Probably alone as big project as writing a PAC "decoder".

Hmm.. maybe having a limited PAC script runtime in Squid isn't such a
bad idea after all... but I would not say PAC scripts is a really sane
model for peer selection either..