Re: Squid on MinGW

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 18:48:31 +1100

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 19:39, Guido Serassio wrote:

> >Woohoo! Now is that for squid -3 (which is the current HEAD)?
>
> Currently I'm not planning anything for squid-3, because I don't have any
> knowledge or programming experience on C++.

Ah. Well the 2-series HEAD will not be released (unless someone fixes
range support independently, or sponsors that). So you'll need to port
to squid-3 at some point. IMO porting to squid-3 from a diff would be
easier than merging to 2-HEAD and then porting to -3. Still, I'm happy
to help either way.

> > > So, now I like to restart in the process of merging nt branch in HEAD.
> >
> >Sure. If you identify small enough chunks (1 topic, or issue at a time)
> >we'll commit them.
>
> Some logical chunks, like the Windows service code ore the Windows socket
> support, can be very large, and before the complete commit, the Windows
> code will be not operational.

Thats fine. It's not operational now, so no change there :}.

> I like to start with service code, that is common to nt and cygwin-svc
> branches.

Sounds good.

Rob