Re: epoll on squid

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Dec 2002 07:47:26 +1100

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:13, David Nicklay wrote:

> I finally got all of the problems fixed with my epoll patch for
> squid-3.0. Here is a fixed patch as well as all of the things you will
> need to build it (aside from squid-3.0-DEVEL and linux kernel 2.5.49).
> I tested this on a gentoo i686 build with gcc3.2, and it seems to work
> fine on that as well.
>
> Performance in my own tests show it doing much better relative to poll()
> on the same box. Hard numbers are still forthcoming.

Thats excellent. Are you interested in putting this development into a
branch on sourceforge (until delay pools and deferred reads are in
place?)

I'd *love* to put this into HEAD, but can guarantee that without
consistent features with the other comm modules, we will get, uhm, lots
of 'x doesn't work' feedback.

Cheers,
Rob