Introduction and a dev problem about fetching object

From: Ko Tensei@dont-contact.us <Tensei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:41:52 +0900

Hello, all developers,

I'm only attempting to add a simple function to my Squid
to fetch an object from web server but with no need
to send it back to any client. I used the code as below:

  fetch_r = urlParse(METHOD_GET, url);
  flags = null_request_flags;
  flags.cachable = 1;
  flags.proxy_keepalive = 1;
  fetch_e = storeCreateEntry(url, url, flags, METHOD_GET);
  fwdStart(-1, fetch_e, fetch_r);

Objects are successfully fetched and saved to local cache.
But after running for a long time, Squid complains that
disk space is over limit, in that it seems that the objects
fetched cannot be purged. Can anyone please give some hint?

Thanks in advance'

Tiancheng Hu
Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan.