gzip support

From: Stephen Sprunk <stephen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 18:54:44 -0600

I've been thinking about gzip Content-Encoding, and it seems to me
that Vary support isn't really necessary. Here's my idea:

. Add a filter for which content-types should be gzip'd (default to
text/*)
. Request all content in gzip encoding; store as received
. Compress non-gzip content in the background
. Track both the compressed and uncompressed content-lengths
. Do on-the-fly decompression as needed for the extremely rare
browsers that don't request gzip

Thoughts?