Re: Squid AIX notes for the FAQ

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:11:51 +1000

Another quirk I notice is that -mthreads seems to be required when compiling a
64-bit squid on AIX 5.1 at least. Or -pthread for GCC > 2.95. Without it, the
very first symptoms are that configure sees max 256 FDs since all the cfgtest
apps coredump in the background and safe values are used instead.

I suppose this sort of stuff is best for the FAQ rather than making special
cases in configure.in, since there's more than one way to convince GCC to
compile 64bit code. On the other hand, this may have implications for tests
based on the --with-pthreads argument.

Also here's a reference for my last post on this topic
http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixprggd/genprogc/lrg_prg_support.htm

Regards
Gerard