Re: cvs commit: squid configure.in

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:36:46 +0100

The sbrk value only includes the data segment, and does not include
anonymous memory allocated via mmap() such as done by malloc() if
allocating above the mmap threshold (differs from malloc implementation,
but do not assume malloc sizes above 4K will be included in the data
segment/sbrk)

ps reports the size including memory allocated by mmap(), stack, data,
..... Well, what PS reports also depends on what you ask for (total
process sice, resident size, data size, size including/excluding shared
libraries, ...)

one could think getrusage maxrss would find a value close to the
resident size on most systems, but it obviously varies from system to
system. Not sure if there is a uniform standard definition of what
"Maximum Resident Set Size" really is representing..