delay pools

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Feb 2003 10:40:20 +1100

I'm currently extending delay pools for a client..

My first step has been refactoring the existing delay pools code to make
it more extenable. Having completed that, I'd like to merge it into
HEAD-3.0.

There is a snapshot at http://www.squid-cache.org/~robertc, or the
source is available via arch at
robertc@squid-cache.org--squid/squid--delay-class-4--3.0 (which is
located at http://www.squid-cache.org/~robertc/arch/squid/). The
snapshot is a drop in replacement for the 2.5 delay pools in terms of
configuration and nearly all behaviour. The only behavioural change is
that reconfigure no longer trashes delay pools - they stay in effect
until the request completes. Oh, and there is a little doco in the
programmer guide now.

I'd like to bring this in for 3.0, as that will dramatically reduce the
size of the patch needed for the actual enhancement. If thats finished
in time, it too could come in for 3.0.

So, if I don't hear anything, I'll commit this mid week. If I do hear
feedback, then possibly earlier :}.

Cheers,
Rob

--