Re: hello .. subscription request

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 08:31:38 +1100

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 02:34, Richard Hesketh wrote:
> Hi, I have used (and persuaded other people to use) Squid for quite a
> few years now and have hacked in some local authentication
> enhancements for use by a large corporation. I'd like to get back into
> helping improve Squid etc.

Hi Richard and welcome to the list. You may be aware of the development
resources we have, but just in case you're not:

There is a development CVS tree that we are happy to give you write
access to. It's a sourceforge project, and (naturally!) is called squid.
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ will get you there - and full instructions
are included.

We also have some information about development on the squid-cache.org
site - but the bulk is at devel.squid-cache.org.

Getting code into HEAD is fairly straightfoward: develop the code
(wherever), and test it. If you want peer review, using the
devel.squid-cache.org CVS server is a great idea. Once you are happy
with the code, generate a patch (Or you can simply point us at the
development CVS branch you are using).

I look forward to your hacks!

Cheers,
Rob