Re: nt branch KILLED

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:29:17 +0100

Hi Henrik,

At 14.51 22/02/2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Serassio Guido wrote:
>
> > After the latest astyle changes to HEAD, when I run cvsmerge, I have got
> > more the 300 conflicts in nt branch !!!
>
>My recommended action until there is time to clear these up is to stop
>merging from HEAD, and instead focus on splitting things off to be
>merged into HEAD.

The nt branch is a platform support, is not a functionality addition.

I think that it must be in sync with HEAD, it's a non sense to have a old
Squid running on Windows: for these there are already the 2.5 and 2.6 branches.

You can remember how many little bugs where discovered during the 2.5/2.6
work, and this was possible only maintaining the Windows port in sync with
HEAD.

Regards

>Regards
>Henrik

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it