Re: rproxy merges?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 15:12:24 +0100

sön 2003-02-23 klockan 14.28 skrev Kinkie:

> >> - error page substituion
>
> Interesting...

Unfortunately this needs to be rewritten from scratch as the approach
used in the original rproxy patch is no longer valid as too much have
changed in the internal request processing of Squid.

Quite likely this kind of thing is easier to do now than it was before
thanks to the foundation work done by Robert for the ESI branch, but it
is hard to know before attempted..

Explanation of how the feature works:

If certain predefined "error" conditions is met on the reply then the
body of the reply is replaced with that of another internally generated
request and the HTTP headers cleaned up to be consistent with the new
body.

This is applied to any responses, not only Squid errors.

> > Forgot one small pending rproxy feature:
> >
> > - Request tagging and cache partitioning per tag
> > Option to have request tagged by the port they was received on.
> > Also modifiable by redirectors, and available in acl directives.
>
> Please add it. It will be VERY helpful to a project of mine.
> Thanks

You are more than welcome to help updating the changes to HEAD. This is
all changes in the Squid-2 rproxy branch relating to the keyword
'urlgroup'.

I am currently busy on other tasks and can not give a estimate on when I
will find time to update this to HEAD. I do not see it as a feature very
many will find useful and haven't given it much priority, but am more
than happy to merge it if I receive a clean patch for HEAD as it is a
very non-intrusive change not changing anything unless actively used by
configuration and/or redirectors..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden