about hier_code

From: atit_ldce <atit_ldce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:21:05 +0530 (GMT+05:30)

can u explain what is purpose of follwing hier_code
typedef enum {
    HIER_NONE,
    DIRECT,
    SIBLING_HIT,
    PARENT_HIT,
    DEFAULT_PARENT,
    SINGLE_PARENT,
    FIRSTUP_PARENT,
    FIRST_PARENT_MISS,
    CLOSEST_PARENT_MISS,
    CLOSEST_PARENT,
    CLOSEST_DIRECT,
    NO_DIRECT_FAIL,
    SOURCE_FASTEST,
    ROUNDROBIN_PARENT,
#if USE_CACHE_DIGESTS
    CD_PARENT_HIT,
    CD_SIBLING_HIT,
#endif
#if USE_CARP
    CARP,
#endif
    ANY_OLD_PARENT,
    HIER_MAX
} hier_code

some of them are clear and some not but i want to cross check my mind

---------
can u explain how ICP request are send and ICP reply handled in following configuration

my squid having parent1 and parent2 as my parent and sibling1 and sibling2 as my siblings cache

i have enabled query_icmp tag and source_echo

how squid will pass request and how it will handle reply

can u give me answer with taking into consideration priority of reply?.

Get your internet connection from the fastest growing digital network.
ICENET
visit our site www.icenet.net