Re: remove deferred reads

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:46:35 -0700

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> m?n 2003-03-03 klockan 11.59 skrev Robert Collins:
>
> > It
> > * removes deferred reads across the board
> > * converts nearly all unready reads to the new DeferredRead framework.
> > * leaves ssl reading 1 byte per IO cycle at minimum.
> > * Includes David Nicklay's epoll patch.
>
> A short description of the DeferredRead framework and its external
> operation would be nice, but you have my go ahead anyway.

.. in the programmers guide. :)

Very nice. Once its in squid-3 I'll start polygraphing it.
I've a few tidyups to go into the comm code before I start work on more
things to break the tree. :)

My guess - I will go through the earlier squids just to confirm - is
that COMM_ERR_CLOSING is a precursor to close handlers.

Great work Robert.

Adrian