Re: linux netfilter transparency

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 14:33:55 +0100

tor 2003-03-06 klockan 13.14 skrev Gianni Tedesco:

> My problem with that is that this is for enhancement of an existing
> product based on squid-2.5, what I will do is add the code for 2.5 then
> duplicate the work for 3.0 on the basis of giving us a "clear upgrade
> path"(tm).

Usually is the case.. and I know from experience things can get quite
painful if it is not immediately planned to have the code integrated in
the main tree, which requires Squid-HEAD.

Making a development in the STABLE version of Squid makes it easier to
quickly deliver a production quality release to the end user, but at the
same time risk having to redo the same work later. If both are done
approximately at the same time things tends to work out better.

> Yeah, I had already thought of doing something like this to keep
> persistent conns.

Would also allow a few other interesting things to be done. Also, as it
is not directly related to transparency and also needed for other
purposes you might get lucky and someone else does it.. but don't bet on
it.

> I agree that both of those changes sound like they would be better off
> in squid 3.0 (both are something we would be interested in doing). Let
> me look in to it :)

Looking forward to help you get started.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden