Fwd: Question about Squid ESI implementation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:14:28 +0100

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Question about Squid ESI implementation
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:11:16 -0700
From: "Vincent, Merlin" <merlin.vincent@hp.com>
To: <info@squid-cache.org>

Hello -

I'm a graduate student at the University of Colorado, and I am
 working on a thesis that explores how the ESI spec might be extended
 so that ESI cache servers could support distributed collaboration.
 I've been looking for an open source implementation of ESI, and
 learned that Zope is writing one for Squid.

However, I haven't been able to find out how that turned out. Can you
 tell me what is the current state of ESI for Squid? Did Zope deliver
 any code? Is it stable? Has the product been fielded?

My interest in this, of course, is to modify a Squid-based ESI cache
 server to include collaboration support. I have 15 years experience
 writing software, 5 of that writing high throughput clients &
 servers for MCI, so hopefully I'll be able to come up with something
 worthwhile. And in keeping with the open source philosophy I'd be
 happy to submit to you a copy of my thesis and source code.

Thanks for your time!

Merlin Vincent