Re: about squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:08:59 +0100

On Monday 10 March 2003 13.27, atit_ldce wrote:
> I have confusion abt following in squid..
>
> what is purpose of delay variable in icpUdpsend in icp_v2.c

Keeps track of how long Squid has been trying to send this message out
on the ICP socket.

> what is purpose of _StatCounters struct in squid..

This keeps various statistics counters.

> why we are maintaining ICP message counts (means query send , reply
> received etc...)

Because administrators want to know.,

> what is purpose of reqnum field in icp_common_t
> --it metioned that it for udp but purpose is not clear.

It is the ICP Request Number which uniquely identifies one ICP query
from another.

> can u explain in icpHandleICPv2 function how ICP_QUERY message is
> handled...

Can you be a bit more specific on what in the function it is you do
not understand?

> what is purpose of icpGetCacheKey and icpSetCacheKey,
> StoreKeyPublic.

StoreKeyPublic calculates the Squid internal key for a given URL.

icpGetCacheKey calculates a ICP internal query key identifying this
query (combination of StoreKeyPublic and the ICP Request Numnber).

icpSetCacheKey gives a unique ICP Request Number to use for this ICP
query and remembers the Squid cache key relating to this ICP kery.

> is it possbile to install squid with some different name in its
> directory structure means for e.g.
> i want directory name /etc/XYZ instead of /etc/squid
> and simmilar for other directories and binary of squid..

Yes. See configure --help.