Re: ToS Marking

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:56:00 +0100

Daniel Draper wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have added the following code to mark packets with some arbitrary ToS
> mark (in this case 4) inside the method
> ClientSocketContext::sendStartOfMessage(...)
>
> int tos = 4;
> int ok = setsockopt(HttpSockets[NHttpSockets-1], IPPROTO_IP, IP_TOS,
> (char *) &tos, sizeof(int));
> debug(50, 1) ("Attempting to mark packet... Status: %d\n", ok);

This does not look right... you are modifying the last listening socket,
not the client socket. This ToS will be appliect ot future connections
from any client, but not the current client.

See my previous reply on where this should be done.
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200303/0232.html>