Re: ToS Marking

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 11:14:20 +0100

ons 2003-03-26 klockan 08.30 skrev Daniel Draper:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I'm afraid I don't fully know what you mean. I now realise that I am
> modifying the wrong socket but as to where the code should go I placed
> the code immediately after httpReplyPack(rep); as you suggested.
>
> There is an array storing listening sockets (ie; HttpSockets[]) but
> where is the client socket??? Squid code is barely commented at all and
> I am having a hard time following it.

The client socket is known as the variable "fd" within
clientSendMoreData. clientSendMoreData is the function within Squid
which transmits HTTP replies to the client.

The array of listening sockets is not relevant for what you are trying
to accomplish, and is internal to the code which deals with how/when new
connections should be accepted. Any uses of this array outside such code
is considered a (design) bug.

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden