Re: ACL's.

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 15:56:04 +1100

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 15:06, Daniel Draper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following Henrik's suggestion of using ACL's (good idea!) for the Packet
> Marking stuff I have been working on I have begun investigating how
> ACL's work in squid.
>
> I have a vague idea of how they work but I can't decipher how one would
> access the ACLChecklist or more importantly how the ACLChecklist is
> structured. Could somebody outline how this is done?

It's in the programmers guide I think.

fast overview from memory:
Call aclCheckListCreate with an acl_access pointer (which is what the
parser creates when parsing the user statements), a request pointer and
an optional ident character string.

then call myChecklist->nonBlockingCheck (callbackfunction,
callbackdata);

You are called back with the result of the checklist processing. An
example of this can be seen in client_side_request.cc.

There is another concept, 'fast' checklists, which don't support
blocking lookups, but the preference is to use nonBlockingCheck().

Cheers,
Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.