Re: Re : Re: about peerPingTimeOut()

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Apr 2003 16:11:09 +0200

tor 2003-04-03 klockan 15.42 skrev zhuzf sina:

> i have omitted the code "pconnRemoveFD(p, fd);" when i read the function "pconnPop"
> so i think when two requests come from different clients will use the same outgoing
> TCP connection.

Yes, but not at the same time.

The server connection only enters the persistent connection pool when
the first reply have finished.

> I find a bug in squid-2.4.STABLE6,when DEBUG_OPTIONS is set big than 5.when a client
> close the connect before receive the reply completely.squid will core dump.

Perhaps. Squid-2.4 is no longer maintained or bug fixed. Please check if
the same problem exists in Squid-2.5.STABLE2. If it does please report a
bug report.

> i have an other question:
> if squid use multi-threads,will the performance promote?

Squid is single threaded.

Squid has support for using threads for disk I/O purposes, which allows
the single Squid main thread to continue processing requests while an
I/O operation is in progress, but this is as far as multithreading Squid
currently goes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden