Transparent mode confusion?

From: atit_ldce <atit_ldce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 13:24:13 +0530 (GMT+05:30)

I am running squid 2.5 stable1 in transparent mode and i have made all necessary setups and it is working fine no proble at all..

My question is:
I have added redirect chain in iptables to redirect all http traffic from ip a.d.c.d to squid box 3128.

as squid is in transparent mode,
is it creates socket on client side..
i think no......

squid definately cretes socket on server side..

taking examle
a.d.c.d visits foo.com
so a.b.c.d has a.b.c.d:2000 -->foo.com:80 ,
squid has squidboxip:3000 --> foo.com:80,

now squid is not creating connection to client side,
how it will transfer data back to client.
does it will be task of iptables to fwd traffic back to client IP
=== atit

Get your internet connection from the fastest growing digital network.
ICENET
visit our site www.icenet.net