Re: squid problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 13:29:11 +0200

ons 2003-04-23 klockan 09.11 skrev atit_ldce:

> 1)
> if i do ps -ef | grep transcace i have
> only parent process information and child process information is avilable with ps -ef | grep squid..
>
> i had changed binary name to transcache. but why in ps -ef it is showing squid..
> my cache_effective_user and group is nobody...

Probably you haven't changed the name Squid assigns to the main process,
or you are still running the old one..

> 2)
> unlinkd is not started.....
> cache.log says

Says what?

> 3)
> i had cached at location
> /etc/squid
> /usr/lib/squid
> /var/log/squid
> /var/spool/squid
> squid binary
> is there any else location remaining to consider

None of these locations are standard Squid locations.

All the paths Squid use is defined by configure, and all are also set in
squid.conf.

> 4)
> cache.log says
>
> storeKeyPrivate: GET http://cache-engine:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-dirup.gif
>
> is it possible to change above url as follow:
>
> storeKeyPrivate: GET http://cache-engine:3128/transcache-internal-static/icons/anthony-dirup.gif

Yes.

> is so how?

By changing the source to use the type of URLs you want to use.

I won't tell you exacly where as I dislike the whole idea of changing
the name unless you are prepared on doing a complete fork. A complete
fork should be avoided unless absolute necessary, and should be
discussed with the developers of the original project first to see if
this really is needed.

By the way, where to make this change is trivial to find with a simple
grep.