Re: Squid 2.5 proxying NTLM

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Apr 2003 23:48:41 +1000

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 23:39, Gary Price (ICT) wrote:
> Hi again

> In the code, the only thing I found so far was the
> removal of the headers in question. I would appreciate any information you can
> offer about this.

Without connection pinning and some related glue, NTLM will *always*
break going through a www proxy - MS document this. Squid does not have
connection pinning. Squid 2.5S2 explicitly strips the NTLM offer
*because* it will not work.

For OWA visible to the internet, to use NTLM, the server should be
running in SSL mode. (It should be anyway, for confidentiality and
security).

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.