Re: Branching 3.0?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 02:58:09 +1000

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 13:07, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2003 14.25, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I'd love to, but I can't until we have the autotools fixed, and
> > last I checked (just now :}) - the squid group doesn't have access
> > to change that, only wheel.
>
> What versions of automake/autoconf should we settle on?

autoconf 2.5x and 1.6/1.7 or above.

For longevity, we should choose the most recent stable release of
autoconf and automake now - giving us the longest run of compatible
version.

Also, autoconf and automake have started versioned released, allowing
multiple versions to coexist very well, which means that we can feasibly
have a different version for each release of squid going forward,
without causing us maintenance problems.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.