Re: Squid 3 features

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:17:32 +0200 (CEST)

On 7 May 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

> > "overlapping" helper lookups. I think we should have this at least for
> > external_acl and other simple helpers, but preferably also for
> > stateful helpers.
>
> Do you have a timeframe for completion of this?

I have not yet looked into how large difference there is in the helper
subsystem compared to 2.5. However, updating this patch to Squid-3 is
something I need to do anyway sooner or later for the simple helpers so I
might just as well do it sooner.

The stateful helper support is not something MARA really requires at the
moment, but is required for me to feel confident in the use of NTLM (and
we do support NTLM). Updating wb_ntlmauth for overlapping requests should
be pretty simple, and equally simple for the win32 ntlm helper in the NT
port.

So lets say by the end of next week for "simple" helpers (basic, external
acl etc), and put overlapping stateful helper support as a desired but not
required feature (if it gets done before PRE, fine, if not next version).