Re: NTLM and pop-up windows

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 May 2003 19:23:17 +1000

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 03:35, michele.de-martin@electrolux.it wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I 'm here for that strange behaviour squid has with too few ntlm
> authenticators.
> Looking into the attached log you can see a sequence like this:
>
> S->H YR (request 1)
> H->S TT (request 1)
> S->H YR (request 2)
> H->S TT (request 2)

Ok, on line 722 of auth_ntlm.c , the following logic occurs:

* find a potential helper.
* if it's challenge needs changing, mark it as such.
* Grab another server.

Now, when challenge_reuses is 0, the challenge will be changed after
each request. So, that means that the helper won't be reused until after
the reply to the current outstanding request is received and the starve
flag flipped off.

So: I can't see how this would happen in the 2.5 HEAD code.

Can you
* confirm that you have an unaltered squid showing this behaviour
* generate a cache.log with debug_options ALL,1 29,9 84,9 showing this
problem?

Cheers,
Rob

--