Re: Squid-2.5.STABLE3 todo

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 12:39:05 +0200

On Saturday 10 May 2003 12.20, Serassio Guido wrote:

> I will made some testing, but I'm not sure of what
> REQUEST_NON_NT_SESSION_KEY means.

Neither am I, but it is a REQUEST flag, not a CHALLENGE flag. The mode
of this flag is set by the client when making the request.

Also, I still do not see how to make a correct NTLMSSP implementation
without access to the NEGOTIATE packet and unique NTLMSSP challenge
packets per NEGOTIATE. Sure, the basic NTLM and LM protocols can be
done blindly, but NTLMSSP is a lot more stateful than just NTLM or
LM.

My understanding of REQUEST flags is that these are sent by the client
in the NEGOTIATE packet, requesting the server to return certain
information in the CHALLENGE packet. To be compared with the
NEGOTIATE flags which are used to negotiate a certain feature in all
NTLMSSP packets..

> Removing it means don't allow a LM negotiation ? If so, what
> happens with 9x clients ?

And is why I want to have the patch reviewed and tested before
applying.