Re: Squid Test Case Tools

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 12:50:04 -0500

Polygraph is the best tool for testing Squid. There is nothing
comparable to it. You may wish to try a simpler workload, if you are
unable to setup an appropriate Polymix-4 environment. Datacomm-1 is
very easy to use.

Or you could just set cache_mem to something reasonable and forget about
it. It doesn't make that much difference. I usually use 32MB on modest
hardware (256MB) or 128MB on really big machines (like 1GB or 2GB).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.