Re: cache Question

From: Rodsak Promrattanakul <kob_cpe8@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:45:00 +0700

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>
>To: "Rodsak Promrattanakul" <kob_cpe8@hotmail.com>,
>squid-dev@squid-cache.org

>>Question:(cache_mem&cache_dir) Hit_ratio is not vary cache_mem size ?
>Ans:Not by much.

What do you mean ? and why ?
I think that it is absolute not vary . My reason is however every hit's
object is in disk , so if object is not found in memory , it ' ll found in
disk.

>If your request load is higher than what the disk cache can sustain
>then you should either fix the disk cache or run without a disk
>cache.

And what 's example-case of "request load is higher than what the disk cache
can sustain" ?
Do you mean if I have a liitle cache_dir ,so I'll increase cache_dir/run
without cache_dir ?

Thanks,
Rodsak.