Fwd: How squid distinguishes between IPv4 and IPv6 requests

From: Guruprasad B <guru_b@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:40:13 -0700 (PDT)

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://search.yahoo.com

attached mail follows:

Hi,

I have IPv6 enabled Squid. I have 2 network interfaces
and a dual v4/v6 stack. One network interface is
connected to a v6 only network and another to a v4
only network.

Some websites like www.kame.org can be accessed from
v4 or v6 networks. If accessed from a v6 network it
gives an indication(dancing tutle) that it is being
accessed from a v6 network and if accessed from a v4
network no special indiaction is given . However,
squid manages to use the v6 interface when I try to
access such websites. How does squid achieve this?

Regards
Guruprasad