Re: generating a DEVEL snapshot for the web pages...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 23:42:34 +0200

On Saturday 24 May 2003 14.52, Robert Collins wrote:
> Henrik,
> Do you have a quick how-to for this, or should I just do what
> feels natural? (I.e. if the mkrelease or mksnapshot scripts are
> most appropriate...)

The mkrelease script is what I use..

Procedure:

1. Update configure.in with the new version number (but keep -CVS. the
mkrelease script automatically removes -CVS from the version number)
2. Bootstrap
3. Tag the release
3. Run mkrelease. See the head of the script for usage instructions

Looking at the script I see that it needs some updates for the new
automake/autoconf versions. See the changes done to mksnapshot two
weeks ago.