Re: Squid Memory Leak

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 13:20:52 +0200

tor 2003-06-12 klockan 07.49 skrev atit jariwala:

> I am running squid on redhat linux kernel 2.4+
> I am attaching log file telling memory utilization by squid as well as squid
> memory leak information.[ this is generated by enabling XMALLOC_xxx option
> in
> squid makefile
> What shoule be the next step to handle the shown memlry leaks
> Waiting for reply

First you should identify which of these allocations actually pose a
problem. From what I can see it seems none of these allocations is a
problem, and the only reason to clean them up would be code completeness
and not functionality.

If you really want to spend time on these allocations then you are
welcome, but please note that many can only be fixed by further
increasing the memory usage of Squid.
Note: Your DNS domain is quite broken and often causes long (several
days) delay in email delivery to you. Please correct your DNS zone NS
records to match what is registered in the root domain servers.