Re: epoll patch request

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:26:20 +0200

On Thursday 12 June 2003 18.10, David Nicklay wrote:

> Could someone with more knowledge of autoconf than I, please submit
> a patch to fix the epoll comm module builds? Currently, it is
> putting "#define USE_EPOLL 0" into include/autoconf.h after a
> configure, when that should be "#define USE_EPOLL 1".

You need to disable the other methods for EPOLL to be used.. The
priority between the methods currently is:

   1. poll
   2. select
   3. kqueue
   4. epoll
   5. select as last effort even if not found

See configure.in where USE_EPOLL is defined.

Robert: This should be cleaned up before release. It should only be
required to use one configure option to select which I/O method to
use, not four, and if a method is given to configure but not existing
on the system then the build should error, not silently select
another..