Re: dropping headers in parse mode

From: David Nicklay <dnicklay@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 15:30:09 -0400

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 15:06, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2003 18.07, David Nicklay wrote:
> > to cache. In the process of debugging we found that this header
> > causes problems for squid:
> > Cache-Control: no-cache="set-cookie,set-cookie2"
>
> This looks like a reply-header, not a response header.

That is correct.

[snip]
> This is obviously not acceptable in the Squid code, not even for
> accelerator use.. Cache-Control is a very important aspect of
> HTTP/1.1, and should not be blindly ignored.

Agreed. That was only a quick and dirty hack for some well known
backend servers (in reverse proxy mode with accel_single_host on). I
would like to find a clean way of doing this, or alternatively for Squid
to recognize what the Cache-Control line is actually intending to be
done. I will see if I can do either.

--
David Nicklay
Location: CNN Center - SE0811A