Re: of possible interest to ICAP developers

From: Riadh Elloumi <elloumi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:59:27 +0200

Dear all,

I totally agree with Basile on the fact that Shweby is not replacing
Squid. I have tried to help in testing and debugging Squid ICAP but I
found it very hard to understand. As I had been working on the ICAP
protocol in my Intern in Nextenso (Alcatel), I have got some knowledge
in HTTP proxies and ICAP, and I proposed to the POESIA project to help
them implementing the ICAP protocol. The needs for performance and
scalability in POESIA aren't great, so a little proxy could be all right.

The word "Shweby" means cuttlefish in the Tunisian language (Tunisia is
my native country). So shweby is not squid, like GNU is not Unix ;-). I
had flicked the logo in the Internet, and I will replace it by another
with my own design.

Best regards,
Riadh.