Re: Linking problem if optimization is disabled

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Jul 2003 17:58:11 +1000

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 23:47, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Robert: Please verify that this is correct. This is mostly magic to me
> and I do not understand why the linker would ever require a delete
> operator if you never create or delete any objects manually even if
> these are declared in the class.

Right. Well, it's correct.

The glue was there before I generalised the cbdata facility out to
List.h. So, removing the glue is safe. CBDATA is needed for the data
handed to comm_add_close_handler.

Now, as for the optimiser removing the need for a method that
optimisation, I'm not sure. Given that we don't allocate DeferredReads
via new or delete, it would need some study of the preprocessor output +
grepping the output of objdump -tC *.o for DefeferredRead::operator new
to identify what was triggering it.

Cheers,
Rob