Patch proposal for web surfing agreement

From: Florian DECKERT <fdeckert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:13:21 +0200

Hello,

We are a french software company using squid for our primary internet
access (around 4000 users).
We coded a patch for squid2.4 and squid2.5 (in the process of looking
into squid3) to display a surf agreement for authentificated users.

This mean : the first time a user authentificated in his browser, he
will see not the requested page, but an surf agreement page during 10s
and then being redirected to the looked for page. This agreement page is
to remind him of the company rules about surfing (no porn, no games ...)
and that he is being logged and the logs might be used against him.

In french law, you can't log users access and use logs if the user is
not fully aware of the fact he is being logged.

We first patched squid2.4 but never provided the patch to the community.
We are now looking to merge our patch into the main squid tree and
provide support for further squid release.

regards

--
Florian DECKERT
System Manager