post-freeze disk patch

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 00:16:15 +1000

I spent some time in the weekend digging into the disk code in ufs,
diskd and aufs.

In the process, I found a few bugs.

I'd like to commit the resulting patch for squid-3.0. Any objections?

The reason I want to do this rather than simply fix the bugs, is that I
haven't got an exact list of bugs I encountered, and solving them will
be duplicate work.

The patch (in arch patch-set format) is available at
http://www.squid-cache.org/~robertc/disk-factoring.tar.gz.

(The format is one that understands file renames - it's human readable).

If I don't have any negative feedback this time tomorrow, I'll commit
it.

In larger context, this work is part of modularising the file access
logic to be fully reusable and clean in it's interfaces.. reducing
duplicate code, and enabling some really cool things down the track.

Rob