Re: Puzzled about persistent connection reuse

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:48:52 +0200

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 14.47, Kinkie wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> writes:
> > On Wednesday 30 July 2003 08.40, Kinkie wrote:
> >> The setup is:
> >>
> >> httpd_accel_host 1.2.3.4
> >> httpd_accel_port 81
> >> httpd_accel_single_host on
> >> http_port 80
> >
> > What about httpd_accel_uses_host_header?
>
> right,
>
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
> httpd_accel_with_proxy off

Ok.

I think the culpit is httpd_accel_single_host. It kind of bypasses the
normal forwarding logics, and most likely the other side of the
connection management does not account for this. Not sure if if
should however as there is tricky issues in reusing a connection to
the same server but for another domain (won't work with all servers).

Please register a Squid-2.5 bug report for the issue, or consider
moving to Squid-3.0 where this hopefully is no longer an issue (none
of these directives even exists any more..)