Re: Authentication

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Aug 2003 17:30:22 +1000

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 17:15, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> What whould be a great idea to work on is the ability to have
> different authentication domains, each with their own auth_param
> settings.
>
> This would solve many things, including busted clients, but more
> importanly situations where different authenitcation realms is needed
> depending on the request/client.

Yah, as a general purpose solution, I'm all for this. It requires much
deeper work than that which this thread started with...

We need separate auth caches.
We need auth cache association by acl during the request process.
We need the auth modules to remove all their current static data.

In other words - this is on my long term 'do sometime' list. I'm more
than happy to do it as a commercial contract if someone needs it done
before 'sometime' :}.

Cheers,
Rob