Re: Squid-2.5 bugs to kill

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 22:43:30 +1000

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 05:28, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> There is now 4 bugs on the list of Squid-2.5 issues classified as
> worth to fix during the 2.5 cycle, preferably soonish to have them
> included in the upcoming 2.5.STABLE4 release.
>
> All 4 are authentication related issues:
>
> Bug #267 Form POSTing troubles with NTLM authentication
> [connection management issue.. must not close connection while
> browser is sending the request body]
>
> Bug #592 always/never_direct and NTLM authentication
> Bug #585 cache_peer_access fails with NTLM authentication
> [both work with basic however..]

This may require request path reworking to fix cleanly. I don't think
they should be fixed in 2.5, as we're more likely to destabilise
something else than just fix the bug.

> Bug #638 assertion failure if proxy_auth used wrongly in
> delay_access

Hmm, little motivation here - proxy_auth is fully supported in 3.0.

> Not on this list but still open for discussion is also what to do
> about our synthetic NTLM responses to increase the chances that it
> does work without risking breaking things for setups where it already
> works.

There is a patch in progress for this, Kinkie and I have been discussing
the details, and I am waiting for him to tell me whether what we've
nutted out works or not... Kinkie?

> The
> connection oriented auth interactions is mostly magics to me, and I
> do not have a NT network to test NTLM intercations in. These issues
> quite likely is present in Squid-3 as well from what I can tell.

Yah. It's nearly all on the ntlm pages on devel.squid-cache.org....

Cheers,
Rob