Re: Squid port status, MinGW

From: Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen__k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:13:14 +0400

Hi,
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:17:43 +0200
  Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it> wrote:
>Hi Henrik,
>
>At 23.07 11/08/2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>>The recent thread about the NT port of Squid and MSVC++ makes me
>>wonder..
>>
>>Is there anything today in the MSVC++ builds which is not supported
>>by
>>the MinGW builds? Or in short, what is the benefits of the MSVC++
>>build compared to the MinGW build? (put aside that the MinGW
>>toolchain are slightly harder to install and use)
>
>This is an interesting question.
>
>MSVC++ environment is a commercial product, it seems to be a bad C++
>compiler and lacks some build tools like awk, but currently it's too
>the reference compiler for the Windows platform and some other
>OpenSource projects are build using it (Apache, MySQL, OpenSSL,
>OpenLDAP, OpenOffice).

Is (Apache, MySQL, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, OpenOffice) C++ projects ?.
Do they use templates ?

With my IBM's VAC3 I can't even compile things like

template<class C>
Range<C>
Range<C>::intersection (Range const &rhs)
{ Range<C> result (XMAX(start, rhs.start), XMIN(end, rhs.end));
     return result;
}

Compiler wants
Range<C>::intersection (Range<C> const &rhs)
========
SY,
Evgeny Kotsuba