Re: squid-2.5 and coss

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 18:37:22 +1000

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 18:24, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

> Because, right now, there's no rebuild and there's no actual way
> to know whether a stripe is valid or not.

There are multiple stripes per coss 'dir' right? So, perhaps you write a
tag records to the swaplog for the coss dir after the normal records,
listing the status of the stripes?

> I think, however, that having
> COSS work "well" enough for normal web caches in 2.5 would be a big
> and useful thing.

Hmm, I'm not so sure of that. In 2.5 COSS is marked as experimental -
and I'd hesitate to be putting substantial changes into a stable
release. Folk that are tracking stable don't expect non-bugfix
commits... because they are often in change controlled environments.

Cheers,
Rob