Enhancement patch for basic auth module: yp_auth

From: Bruce Smith <bws@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 20:55:57 -0400

Hello, (I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me on replies)

I just finished writing a small enhancement patch to the yp_auth basic
authorization module. Feel free to add this to your standard package.

The patch basically does the following:

1) Nothing, unless you add additional parameters on the command line.
    Existing users of yp_auth will see no difference at all.

2) With additional command line parameters, it can check the existence
    of verified users in a NIS group. It can either accept or reject
    all users in the specified group.

This allows "exceptions" so you can prevent certain users from
connecting, or you can only allow a list of users to connect.

I'm a core developer for the Devil Linux distribution
http://www.devil-linux.org/ and this patch is included in our CVS.

My patch is available here:

ftp://ftp.devil-linux.org/pub/devel/sources/1.1/yp_auth.patch.bz2

--
Bruce Smith  -  bws _at_ armintl _dot_ com