Re: Can't Kill Squid Process

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:30:21 +0200

 unkillable process means problem blocks inside kernel.
 My bet would be buggy kernel threads implementation, especially
 that fsck after reboot hints that ext2 was corrupt already when
 squid hangs. Try diskd instead of async-io on linux.

 Other bet would be faulty hardware or non-ECC memory getting normal
 bit errors unnoticed.