Re: Need advice on how to debug

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:05:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Kinkie wrote:

> I think that White Box Linux 3.0 includes a recent GCC snapshot with GCC
> support. I'm not sure tho, as my install's HDD burned two days ago.

Not as the default compiler I hope.

For mudflap it needs to be a gcc-ssa snapshot release, a work in progress
development branch of GCC which aims at becoming part of gcc-3.5 from what
I can tell. <url:http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/>

modflap looks like a separate project as such but for some reason lives
in this tree. Probably depends on the extened trees added by ssa.

From what it looks Fedora Core 2 will have this as an alternative
compiler. The current packages from Fedora Core development seems to also
work fine on Fedora Core 1 (look for the 3.5ssa tag in the package
names, you need the compiler and libmudflap).