squid modular support

From: David Nicklay <dnicklay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:37:39 -0500

Hi,

I have been thinking about adding modular support to squid via dynamic
modules that could be loaded at run-time that could do the following:

- content filtering (seems to get requested a lot on this list, might be
nice to not keep patching the main code)
- request structure cleanups (after the header parsing stage)
- timed callbacks (there is support for calling functions at time
intervals already, it might be nice to be able to do this for other
things as well)
- read/write access to various internal structures.

It seems like some of this would be very easy for me to add, and it
could be very useful for doing a lot of the things which squid cannot
support right now. What do you guys think?

--
David Nicklay
Location: CNN Center - SE0811A