partial file storing

From: Augusto Lanari <augusto.lanari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:11:48 +0100

Well, I'm an telecommunication engineer and I'm thinking to use squid to store
partial files and to retrieve the missing parts only when those files are
required (I should obtain the file fragments by sniffing some TCP packets in
a satellite link, but this is another story).

The problem is that I've never modified squid's source code...

The question is: "What should I know to succesfully implement partial file
storing?"

(I know that there's a mailing list but I'd like to work on the partial file
storing patch)

Thanks

Augusto (from Italy)