Re: redirector more like external_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:24:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Brian Akins wrote:

> It would be good if it were possible to send various stuff to the a
> redirector. Right now, it is fixed. It would be nice if it could be as
> configurable as external_acl.

Maybe, but I have a feeling that in many cases the external acl approach
is more suitable. The exception is perhaps messy accelerator setups where
you need to rewrite the URL-path component differently depending on some
aspect of the headers.

> Anyone have any objections to me exploring this?

No, ofcourse not. You are more than welcome to.

But I do question if there is many sound applications requiring this, but
you never know until it has been out there for a while. If you know of a
sound application for this you are welcome to enlighten me. It is always
interesting to see new viewpoints.